Products from Amazon.com
HTC U11 boasts of a new age phone interaction with the introduction of Edge sense. Its was aimed at going beyond the touch screen to create an entirely new and amazing interaction with the phone.
With a stunning 3D liquid glass surface, the highest DxOMark ever awarded to a smartphone camera with our new UltraSpeed Autofocus, the purest audio you can find with active noise cancellation, all wrapped in a beautiful water resistant package, HTC U11 sets a new standard of what you can expect from a smartphone.
“U” is thanks in part to the super-reflective surface on the back glass which HTC says “is a reflection of you”. It is obvious that every phone to come out really had its own gimmicks but the U11’s gimmick, where you’re expected to squeeze the sides of the phone to do various things, is one that you can’t completely ignore. For the most part, the rest of the phone – the screen, the camera, the performance, the design; you know, the parts you actually care about – is really good and makes it perhaps the best device HTC has made in years.
- Primary Specs
- Body: HTC’s design uses Gorilla Glass 5 on the front and back. The “Liquid Surface” design on the rear is curved glass and changes hues under light. It’s IP67 water-resistant.
- Display: 5.5-inch Super LCD 5 panel, 1440x 2560 resolution, 16:9 aspect ratio, ~534ppi
- Rear camera: 12MP f/1.7, dual pixel autofocus, OIS, dual-LED flash, 1.4 micron pixel size, HDR Boost, 3D audio recording, Acoustic Focus, 4K @ 30fps
- Front Camera: 16MP fixed-focus, HDR Boost, 1080p @ 30fps.
- OS/Software: Android 7.1.1 with HTC Sense – HTC Sense Companion app, Alexa available in UK, US, and Germany
- Chipsets: Qualcomm Snapdragon 835: Octa-core (4×2.45 GHz Kryo & 4×1.9 GHz Kryo), Adreno 540
- Memory: 4GB RAM/64GB storage in base model (6GB/128GB in select markets), expandable via microSD slot (or SIM2 slot for dualSIM model).
- Battery: 3,000 mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0
- Connectivity: Single or Dual SIM; LTE-A Cat 16: 1024/75 Mbps, USB Type-C 3.1, 3.5mm to USB-C adapter included
- Audio: Boom Sound speakers, noise-cancelling U Sonic earbuds (via USB-C) included, four on-board mics for 3D audio and always listening for assistant hotword
- Misc: Squeeze actions via sensors embedded into frame, front fingerprint scanner; stereo speakers
Its shortcoming is
No analogue headphone jack (an adapter is provided but you can’t charge it and listen to the music at the same time)
- Battery capacity is not stellar
- The HTC U11 is available for $649